If the latest data for international tourist arrivals to Spain is anything to go by, then the land of sun, sea and sangria is set for a sizzling summer!
Tourist arrivals to Spain rose 16% year-on-year to just over 7 million in April 2017 with holidaymakers from the UK totaling 1.523 million, up 7% from the previous year.
The Balearic Islands (comprising Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera) saw UK tourist arrivals rise by 9.3% in April with the Valencian Community, home of the hugely popular Costa Blanca region, welcoming 14% more Brits in the first four months of 2017 according to the Spanish tourism authority, Frontur.
For those who’ll fall in love with Spain this summer and don’t want the holiday to end, leading housebuilder operating across Spain since 1958, Taylor Wimpey España, has compiled 5 top tips for viewing a holiday home whilst on vacation:
- Choose the area you want to buy in – Before you view any properties, make sure to select the right location that fits all your holiday home needs perfectly. You might love where your hotel is located for two weeks of the year but would it be right for longer-term living? What everyday amenities are nearby? How easy it is to reach the airport? What will it be like out of season?
- Consider your property type wisely – Fancy a house close to the beach? Spacious apartment or prestigious townhouse? Consider what you want from your holiday home in Spain? How many people will be using it and how often? How much maintenance might it require? How much outside space does it offer and what about on-site facilities such as a swimming pool or children’s play area? What about parking?
Happily, Taylor Wimpey España has something for everyone. Try Bahia Sant Pere on the stunning island of Mallorca for penthouse living with uninterrupted sea views. Want ace golf courses within walking distance of your home? Then head to Malaga on the Costa del Sol and Horizon Golf which features courts and training programmers for golf lovers.
- Book viewing appointment as early as possible – To avoid disappointment during the peak season, arrange in advance to view properties you are interested in. Taylor Wimpey España’s friendly team are on hand to meet with you for no-obligation personal viewings at a time which suits you – and your sunbathing schedule!
- Prepare your questions – You wouldn’t buy a house in the UK without asking questions so why would you do so in Spain? No questions is too big or too small for the Taylor Wimpey España team so prepare a list of queries about the property, the area, the company and the buying process and ask away!
- Learn the lingo – Whilst English is widely spoken across Spain and indeed by all members of the Taylor Wimpey España team, it’s always a valued gesture to learn the basics of Spanish to help integration. Even a few words such as “hola (hello), adiós (goodbye), buenos días (good morning), hoy (today) mañana (tomorrow), por favor (please) and gracias (thank you)” will go a long way.
For those more advanced, then some useful Property related vocab might include comprar (to buy), viviendas (properties), número habitaciones (number of rooms) and viviendas de vacaciones (holiday homes).
So, if you’re thinking of visiting some stunning holiday homes during your trip to Spain this summer, why not start now and book a no-obligation appointment with Taylor Wimpey España by clicking here: http://taylorwimpeyspain.com/newsletter/Visit_show_home_en.htm.
For more information, please contact Taylor Wimpey España today on 08000 121 020 or visit http://taylorwimpeyspain.com for more information. If you reside outside of the UK you will need to call 00 34 971 706 972.